Ιουλίου 02, 2007

Glasgow to Athens changeover

It is already 09:45 am here in Kallithea, Athens and I had my sip of coffee. I had to drag myself out, and around the corner, to the local supermarket. Crammed and crashed and hot. No wonder the till operator was really pissed, as her obviously inconsiderate manners showed, since she had to juggle more than one task at the same time.
I got 50 gr NESCAFE for euro 1.40, 500 ml fresh milk for 0.72 euro, 1.5 l PEPSI for 1.17 and koulouria for 0.84 euro. I wrote them down as I felt it would be useful or at least informative, and a way to apreciate what you have, from one day to the next, as I am experiencing two different environments, namely, from Hillfoot and Duke streets of Dennistoun's east end district of Glasgow to the Esperidon and Davaki square, area of Kallithea in Athens.
From the ... What? Somewhat controlled, ordered and organised way of life, more spacious, ambient atmoshere, less crammed Glasgow life to an apparent lack of organisation, crammed, double-parked roads, the sheer volumes of man-units in the streets of Athens? The seemingly lack of order stem from the large amounts of individuals coupled with the lack of adequate space for man-based activities to unfold. What I have to offer to justify such claims?
The new local council outlet, housed in a heavily built area, within a heavily populated block of flats, at about 09:00 am swarmed by a crowd of individuals waiting to be served in the council premises, mingled with the punters of the local coffee shop early out for their morning coffee.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: